What assigned and alternate literature goes with Uncle Sam and You?
These are the eight books we assign to go along with the lessons in Uncle Sam and You:
- Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman (Units 5-6)
- A Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt by C. Coco De Young (Units 10-11)
- Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry (Units 12-14)
- Basher Five-Two by Scott O'Grady (Units 16-17)
- Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry (Units 18-19)
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder (Units 22-24)
- The Wright Brothers: How They Invented the Airplane by Russell Freedman (Units 25-26)
- Lost on a Mountain in Maine by Donn Fendler (Units 29-30)
If you choose not to use one or more of these titles, check out the following list of books we compiled during the development of Uncle Sam and You. These books have not been reviewed by Notgrass Company for appropriate content, so this is not a list of books that we endorse. Not all will be appropriate for all ages. Books on this list range from elementary to adult. We urge parents to review all materials before using them with students.
More from: middle school Uncle Sam and You