These seven works of literature are assigned in the Our 50 States curriculum to give your child a richer perspective on the various regions studied.
- Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson (New England)
- The Cabin Faced West by Jean Fritz (Mid-Atlantic)
- Soft Rain by Cornelia Cornelissen (South)
- The Story of George Washington Carver by Eva Moore (Midwest)
- The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White (Rocky Mountains)
- Philip of Texas by James Otis (Southwest)
- The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver by Thornton Burgess (Pacific)
See the notes on the literature in the Answer Key and Literature Guide.